Finally my garden is PLANTED!

DianeS

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've been waiting a while to be able to say that! It kept freezing...:rolleyes:

Anyway, it's all finished. For the first time I am doing the no-dig "lasagna" method of gardening, and did it using compost from my own pile. I'm excited to see how each of those do!

I planted garlic, onions, carrots, parsnips, and radishes. Then in other areas I interspersed corn with either peas, green beans, or cucumbers, with the idea of not having to set up an artificial trellis if I can get the vines to grow up the corn stalks. Another section got watermelon and pumpkins (on the end, so they can vine everywhere they feel like!)

In pots I have tomatoes, green peppers, basil, dill, and blueberries.

I'm so excited!

I may prepare and plant one more area in the next couple months, and do a late crop of spinach, lettuce, and celery. I didn't plant early enough to do them first, so we'll see about doing them late instead.

I'm pretty caked with mud, and dust, and pieces of straw. I'm off to shower, but I wanted to post this first! Woo-hoo! :cool:

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I KNOW you are glad to be "sayin" that......and I'm glad for you, too. Where are you located, to just be getting out of the "freeze zone"?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, how envious I am!!! :p I know you feel so good, as I would be feeling the same. I am just getting out of the freeze zone also and now its raining cats and dogs...which is good but a little inconvenient for getting into the garden.

I have so much to plant right now that my head is spinning...... :barnie

Congrats! Don't forget to weigh your harvest and log it on the thread we have for this purpose....we are trying to see how many pounds of produce TEG grows this year! :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One wax bean patch and I'll be finished with my main garden but I know I'll keep tucking plants in here and there the rest of the season. I always find new things I want to try.

DianeS

Leafing Out
Reaction score
boggybranch - I live in Colorado, above 7,000 feet. Our traditional last frost date is May 15, and it went right up to that this year.

Beekissed - where will I find that thread? This is the first I've heard about it, but it sounds like a cool idea!

Latest posts