Fine Webbing On Indoor Plants

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have used both the Safer on veggies and Dawn Dish Soap on ornaments in the garden ... and on the house plants ... I think.

The Dawn was at 3 Tablespoons per gallon of water, out of the midday sun and I was sure to rinse the plants before the sun was bright again. Safer soap can also burn the plants but petals are more tender than leaves. Horticultural oils also works for me on spider mites.

Some people do just fine filling a bucket with water and adding Dawn or another of those more simple dish soaps. Say 4 gallons of water and 10 tablespoons of soap. The house plant can just be submerged, pot and all. Some time passes and it is pulled out to dry. Keep it out of the sun. Rinsing with fresh water later makes sense but it's that drying that kills the mites.

Steve

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wash plant. Then I put it in a large garbage bag, spray to a special remedy against ticks, then tie a bag and leave it in the bathroom. In the morning I take off and plant dries. After 10 days, I repeat.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had them a while back. I remember it was on my 30 year old bougainvillea.. For flowering plants I use a systemic insecticide. On food plants I think I used Neem. A shower takes them down fast but does not get rid of them. I am careful of what I over winter-it has to be a very important plant.
Cat what do you suggest ?

Latest posts