First greens of the year!!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last year my garden survived for the first time ever, this year it is actually EXPLODING!! Here it is May 15th, and already 80% of my food today will be from the garden or the chicken coop. :D My goal is for at least 50% of my food to come from the garden or the coop through the summer. I just thought I'd share what I cut for my breakfast/lunch/dinner today :D

DSCN5637.jpg

So, today's menu will be:

Scrambled eggs and coffee. (Coffee not local. Dang it!)
Salad with my VOLUNTEER lettuce that came up amongst the peas, a side of raw peas, and hard boiled eggs
A kale, spinach and blueberry smoothie (blueberries frozen from my neighbors bush!)
Pickled Eggs

Normally I don't eat this many eggs OR greens, but my 14 year old friend who likes to come over invited me to her play, so I can only eat something super quick and pre-made for dinner/lunch. Salad and eggs it is!

And also, since she just had her birthday I'll bring her a homegrown gift...a proof of my book she's been beta reading for me :D

YAY!! Fresh garden foods!

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh how lovely!! Your basket is gorgeous!! Don't you just feel so satisfied growing your own food?

I just love to go into the garden and cut lettuce or other veggies for immediate consumption. I keep chickens too, so it is easy to swing by the coop for eggs as well. Such a good feeling to know you are eating what you grew or raise.

Thanks for sharing! :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love that feeling, too. Sort of a cross between lucky to be in a position to be able to grow your own, and a little tiny bit smug that you actually go to the trouble to do it! With a sprinkling of healthy.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's so cool, AMKuska! :clap

I don't care if they have to ship coffee from Mars, that's one thing I can't do without. :p

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule it does....every year I make my garden just a little bigger. ;-) Next year adding two more raised beds!

Latest posts