First tomato seedlings up.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess I'm, off and running for Summer. the first of my seedlings are up in the pots (mortgage lifter) and the zuchini are starting to break through the ground outside.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow.... I have mine started in the house as well, but I haven't been ready to move the squash out yet. :ya

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is the second try on squash. The snails got the first ones before they even had true leaves. I'll scatter some snail bait this time.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent! There is no moment quite as exciting as seeing those first seedlings! I am anxious to try my Mortgage Lifter's. This is the first time I've tried them...Needless to say, mine are still cozy in their package! Couple of weeks before I plant them.

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I moved my tomatoes outside Sunday, then promptly drowned them last night. Oops.

I hope they'll be okay.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Excellent! There is no moment quite as exciting as seeing those first seedlings! I am anxious to try my Mortgage Lifter's. This is the first time I've tried them...Needless to say, mine are still cozy in their package! Couple of weeks before I plant them.
Judging by my experience mortgage lifter is kind of slow to ripen the first tomatos but once they get going they just go on and on till frost kills them. You may want to plant a few early ripening tomatos to last till the first mortgage lifter comes on.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our tomatoes are up also, this is our first time starting any vegetable from seed indoors so we are happy that out of 2 flat there are only2 empty holes. They grow fast.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, Hoodat. I will only plant a few then. In my short growing season, I won't count on much! I'm sticking mostly to paste tomatoes for my sauce. Happy Gardening!

Latest posts