Flood Tray Table

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Checking to see if anyone has actually used a flood table before AND if you have did you buy a table for under it or did you build one? Purchased ones are over $100

I finally am moving into the automated drip watering world in my new grow tent and bought a flood tray for my efforts. I was thinking about building a table to support this and was hoping someome else on here had done the same and wouldn't mind sharing a pic or two of their efforts

Aim would essentially be to build it out of wood or pvc and would pull from a reservoir and drain excess to a 5gal bucket I would dump (drain to waste).

active_aqua_preimum_3_by_6_flood_table_tray_1.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Checking to see if anyone has actually used a flood table before AND if you have did you buy a table for under it or did you build one? Purchased ones are over $100

I finally am moving into the automated drip watering world in my new grow tent and bought a flood tray for my efforts. I was thinking about building a table to support this and was hoping someome else on here had done the same and wouldn't mind sharing a pic or two of their efforts

Aim would essentially be to build it out of wood or pvc and would pull from a reservoir and drain excess to a 5gal bucket I would dump (drain to waste).

View attachment 21984
My husband bought some brackets to build simple horses with. He put our heavy truck cap on them for winter storage.

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This inquiring mind went "window" shopping after reading your post to see what y'all were talking about. The PVC tables look real easy to build and pipe is cheap. Does your tray have a drain built in? I was thinking you could pick up a free or cheap desk on CL close to the same size. Drill a hole for the drain and sit the bucket under it. Drawers would be a bonus for organizing.
Looking forward to see how it turns out for ya, I have been going to upgrade my seed starting equipment for a long time and really like this flood tray option/idea.
Good luck!

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This inquiring mind went "window" shopping after reading your post to see what y'all were talking about. The PVC tables look real easy to build and pipe is cheap. Does your tray have a drain built in? I was thinking you could pick up a free or cheap desk on CL close to the same size. Drill a hole for the drain and sit the bucket under it. Drawers would be a bonus for organizing.
Looking forward to see how it turns out for ya, I have been going to upgrade my seed starting equipment for a long time and really like this flood tray option/idea.
Good luck!
This will be going in my grow tent, so I don't want to be putting an actual desk in there. Yes, it has a drain drilled out so I can drain the excess water to a 5 gal bucket.

Normally you'd setup two holes (one to push water in and one to drain out) and then put a cover on the whole table to suspend tiny baskets in for hydroponic growing. Some use it like I'm planning to for soil growing.

Latest posts