Flowers just planted! Zombies?

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I finally put in some flowers! Some Asian Daylilies, and my gorgeous Iris!
82c73496.jpg

You can't tell from the pic, but it's on a fairly steep slope. So drainage won't be an issue. The lilies were only $1 each bc they weren't in bloom. Should be gorgeous next year! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent! That is going to look fabulous! I love my veggies, but the flowers are an awful lot of fun! Enjoy!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I love, love, love starting from a "fresh slate" like that! Too many choices some times, but the planning is always fun! It will look great next year when they bloom. Enjoy!

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well...the Iris is the only thing living from that shot. Everything else died. Wonder why? Just browned up and died. I know 2 of them died because of my Lab. He just HAS to pee on them.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dogs and gardens rarely are a good mix! I would recommend a fence around the garden. Depending on the personality of your dog, it could be something very short and unobtrusive...just an indicator that you don't want him in there! I doubt there was anything really wrong with the plants- dog pee and transplant shock is a good guarantee of death! Try, try again! Good luck!

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wait! I do believe I may have zombie flowers! Look!
bcce823a.jpg

b5e6edc7.jpg

The new things are growing in the exact spot where my old lilies were. I've since pruned the dead stalks to the ground...what do you think?!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, they are lilies! Don't you just the way nature surprises you? Now, keep that dog off them;)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
I love, love, love starting from a "fresh slate" like that! Too many choices some times, but the planning is always fun! It will look great next year when they bloom. Enjoy!
Oh me too, I almost can't plan a flower bed unless I start with a blank slate. :)

My dog does that too, especially in the winter. So lazy! LOL She'll hop off the porch and go right on the sidewalk if it's cold enough out there. Or walk through the flowers because I guess she doesn't want to get her feet wet in the grass. :rolleyes:

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I feel your pain with the dog. I was noticing the other day that one of my bright pink Astilbe's was looking all dry and shrivelled. Now it is really dead. And I watched my dog run right out the door and pee on it! Well I guess I didn't really want to see it bloom this year anyhow. :rolleyes:

Latest posts