FOOD SECURITY AND YOU.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
When I was a youngster no one thought of lead as poisonous. Our water came to us through lead pipes and all the paint contained lead. It was everywhee.
And toothpaste came in lead tubes. Maybe that's why I'm so brain-damaged! :lol:

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
LadyHawke, I was doing some critical thinking looking at Hoodat's post. I find nowhere on his post did he say anything at all about American food, nor of anything about rainbows or Butterflies, neither anything about this country being da bestest place on earth.

However, thank you for the reminder LadyHawke about using critical thinking. My critical thinking at this stage is left wondering why you said those things refering to what was not said, nor so much as implied. You could have mentioned that perhaps he thought the Philipines or Thailand are places of rainbows and butterflies. You'd probably be incorrect, but at least there'd be some valid words to be incorrect by.

=====

Point is now made more clear what I mentioned to you some months ago, and that is, you allow counterproductivity to the attempt to sway opinion or to show and explain a divergent from standard view, when you turn on and misunderstand those who would agree with you. It's a subtle thing when done once or rarely, but when done commonly and often, critical thinking begins postulating hypotheses about the background intent.

There. I tried again. Here it comes...wait for it...
Dear Marshall:

I am sorry if you or others assumed that I was saying that Hoodat said or thought those things. I know Hoodat better than that. I know an intelligent person when I read their thoughtful remarks.

However, I do copious amounts of reading and the majority of the people in this country do not know what is really going on. One, because they cannot read or two: they refuse to read..and do not even get me started on the educational system foisted upon us for the last twenty years. I am neither right or wrong..but I am informed. If some wish to play the role of the mystic-guru and sit and be calm and just look at their own belly buttons..well no one is stopping them. As for meI want to fight back to save my world.

The state of the world TODAY is way beyond making changes in a calm and civilized manner. The pot has to be stirred. Can anyone here tell me about Turkey? The pendulum always swings back.

We are not islands of unconnected individuals. We are world of beings on a planet in trouble. Growing ones own food is fine; however, our survival will ultimately depend on what others also do.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
While Taiwan is not The PRC when I was in Taiwan there was a battery factory that had been demolished. The ground was heavily contaminated with lead, and the owners were being required to clean up the property. Most of the local population could not understand why.
Darlin' Please check out the link in post #5. America is way past being pristine.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
hoodat said:
When I was a youngster no one thought of lead as poisonous. Our water came to us through lead pipes and all the paint contained lead. It was everywhee.
We didn't know, we learned, we adapt. We do the best with what we know at the time. Just because g'parents did it that way or some progressive thinker theorizes this is way it should be, doesn't make it right.
Oh seedcorn...there ya go. :lol:

Yes, and after we have grown two heads we shall also adapt. I hope someone smacks the ____ out of me if, I .....a progressive, a bleeding heart liberal "theorizes" about what is and what is not.

( FROM THE FREE DICTIONARY)

Progressive
1. Moving forward; advancing.
2. Proceeding in steps; continuing steadily by increments: progressive change.
3. Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods

Conservative
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
-------------------------------

The dinosaurs became extinct because they could not adapt.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, just think how great asbestos was. It was a miracle product that solved a lot of problems. All the progressives were using it. And think how great DDT was. It gave those progressive farmers a real weapon against certain insects.

Im not opposed to change. Im glad we changed and quit using lead in paint and drinking water piping. Im glad asbestos is no longer used in insulating schools or houses. Regardless of what some people think, we do a lot better with pesticides than we used to. Well keep learning.

I generally dont judge people in history for what they did. Mostly people did the best they could with the knowledge and conditions they had. There are some exceptions with individuals, but mostly. It will be interesting what our great grandkids condemn us for. Im sure some people feel they know exactly what that will be, but I kind of think Judge Learned Hand said it well.

The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right.... (The more sure you are that your way is the only right way, the more likely you are wrong.)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hawke, for once you and I are in agreement on an issue. I don't want foreign people controlling our food-especially a slave labor country.

Rest, I'll let lay.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I recently heard a thought provoking question. "Who does more good; the man making grandiose speeches and organizing to clean up the ocean or the person walking the beach every morning with a trash bag and picking up litter?"

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hoodat said:
I recently heard a thought provoking question. "Who does more good; the man making grandiose speeches and organizing to clean up the ocean or the person walking the beach every morning with a trash bag and picking up litter?"
Love it! The modern day version of, "'Tis better to light one candle than..." :bouquet

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Hawke, for once you and I are in agreement on an issue. I don't want foreign people controlling our food-especially a slave labor country.

Rest, I'll let lay.
I don't think so sweetheart.

Irony is totally lost on you. No we do not agree. You may not want it. but it is right there and it is happening every day, and it is part of this countys trade agreements. You participate every time you buy something.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, of course. Extreme condecension!

Ladyhawke babygirl darling, are you aware. I mean, truly aware? Not the kind of awareness that comes from being a news addict, but the kind of awareness that comes from knowing others have farrrrrrrrrrrrr more grace and wisdom than you.

The sort of awareness sweet dearheart, that comes from knowing that small deceptions are noted. I mean, you know sweety, sit in front of your computer, looking at one news thing after another, watch the jets fly over, invent, uh ohhhhhhh, chem trails, then bother others with the addiction to the news. blyaaah.

Dontcha know sweety, soon it'll be 20 billion humans. Something will give. Don't worry.

Did you miss the notion? holler to the world or take care of some small part. in the end, did it matter that you ruin a person's moment or would it be better to give a nice moment.

ok, back to your preprogrammed exceedingly extreme condecension.

Latest posts