FoodSaver questions...

tinahoak

Sprout
Reaction score
I received one 2 years ago from my Mom as a gift. I use it alot also ,as I raise meatbirds along with the various fruit trees , grapes and berries in our yard.

Meat I try to pat dry with a paper towel to avoid the liquid mess that can happen.
I pre freeze my berries too as another has suggested to keep them from crushing.

I have found some "new" freezer style bags on a roll this year at walmart . They are made for the foodsaver and I bought them to use on my meatbirds . The bags are heavier in weight . Also picked up some "steamer" style bags that can go in to the microwave from the freezer for the foodsaver too. These were kinda pricey but I got them to make up some meals for my son that is going to college in the fall. Plan on putting a single serve meal in them and he can pull one out of the freezer and cook up a descent dinner that way. I have the marinator attachment that works well and 2 lids that you can use on a jar like applesauce . Vacuum out the air , stick it back in the fridge so it lasts longer before spoiling ( these work great!)

Tina

Raiquee

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Lesa) I never thought of using the ziplock baggies, I guess I never thought they were thick enough! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Tina) that sounds so sweet making those for your son for college. Being a college student and only having a microwave, I know how bad it sucks to eat ramen everyday! A nice home cooked (or prepared) meal would really help him settle into college! I can't wait to do that for my son, but he's only 2, so I have awhile to go :)

Please note: that website I gave, I had only used their "Sampler pack" of bags, which was 3 bags. All bags sealed up fast and easy. However I don't know if it's continual. I will let you know when I order my bags, to be sure they all seal nicely.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Raiquee said:
Hey guys,

Thought my first post would be a useful one! I also got a foodsaver, picked up off from someone who didn't use it ever. They gave me a huge paper brown bag of bags from a variety of companies. The foodsaver bags worked like a dream, then they bought this knock off brand...I can't recall the name...that worked like...well didn't work! I lost so many seals on my freezer meat, and the machine didn't pull the bag up as fast as it should over-working my motor.

I did a lot of searching and research, and found someone who was selling vac bags cheapily. Luckily they offered a sample bag, as I didn't want to buy a huge amount of useless bags. I tried their sample bags and I have to say, I'm impressed! They worked just like the food saver bags!

Here is their direct website: http://www.thesweetattack.com/page/page/2380629.htm

I originally found them on ebay, but on the packing slip they gave me that's the website I was given. I'm very happy with the bags, and will be placing an order for some more come August when I need some. Until then I have to use the crappy ones, cause I can't see myself throwing them away :(

They have both bags and rolls! HTH :celebrate
I didn't think of recommending bags, but thesweetattack.com bags and service are EXCELLENT!

We've been using them for about 18 months. We buy a case of 6 rolls every couple months between freezing garden produce/fruits, vac sealing dehydrated items, freezing meat chickens, etc.

I highly recommend buying from them. Here's why:

- Every order I've placed was shipped within 24 hrs, and sometimes on the same day if I ordered early in the mornings.
- And honestly, their bags work better than Foodsaver's brand. They are quicker to seal, and we end up with less vac loses (leaked seals) over time in the freezer.
- Even with shipping, the cost is still a bit cheaper than buying at Sam's Club or WalMart. (Although I'd pay more to avoid buying at WalMart.)

Raiquee

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Kim_NC, thanks so much about posting about those bags! Now I know for sure to re-order from them! It's good to hear someone else whos used these bags. :)

I can't wait to order this fall!! (in hopes of DH getting a deer this winter, he let me down last winter!)

norman

Sprout
Reaction score
I have always wanted one, so last summer I did get one and love it. I use it all the time. It sits on top of my counter ready to go. tupperware takes up so much room. I have the containers for the food-saver and have cereal, chips, etc. in those. I have one for the cheese and it has a grater with it too. Plastic containers take up too much space in the freezer too. I use to waste alot of food before. My husband is not a big eater, so there is always food left over, so when I made stew, he will eat it once. so I use my food-saver and so we have acouple of meals left out of it and give some to my mom...for more ...

http://www.foodsaverblog.com/

Latest posts