Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The long view can be rewarding
24d2bcd.jpg

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Is it just me or do you think some prehistoric gardener used a weed eater on the base of that tree?

a joke yeah but look at the attack of soil borne in that transition zone. Reckon it could help medicine?

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have the deepest respect for those who are not only fools & dreamers, but doers... those willing to practice what they preach, and to personally put in the long hours to make their vision a reality. His humility & commitment are truly inspirational. We need more like him. Thanks @flowerbug for posting this. :thumbsup

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it just me or do you think some prehistoric gardener used a weed eater on the base of that tree?

a joke yeah but look at the attack of soil borne in that transition zone. Reckon it could help medicine?

it is very likely that is the soil subsidence from loss to erosion. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have the deepest respect for those who are not only fools & dreamers, but doers... those willing to practice what they preach, and to personally put in the long hours to make their vision a reality. His humility & commitment are truly inspirational. We need more like him. Thanks @flowerbug for posting this. :thumbsup

you're welcome! i'm always trying to find restoration projects that give the long view and show the results. it gives me hope to see people working hard to do the work even if their efforts get disturbed later. each and every bit of diversity we can gain back or improve upon is that much more we have to work with when going forwards. it is a fight, it is a struggle and some places are lost, but i hope to go down swinging too if i can.

recently with the war in the African region of Tigray i worry about the many gains that have been accomplished in that region being lost or disturbed. every time i hear about troubles in Africa i worry about those efforts that have gone so far and helped many being abandoned and the desert returning. it is amazing what some places have accomplished. i hope so much that they are not lost and the people and their knowledge with the disturbances. we, here, in the USoA, mostly have it pretty easy in comparison. something to think about this time of the year and into the spring when we return to our own disturbances.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
also, look for the movie _Seeds of Change_ (it seems to be hosted on vimeo which is a slow platform for me to watch things as it was interrupted many times, didn't search for it on youtube) which i watched this afternoon, i really admired the various examples of people doing what many of us here do, grow and share seeds and also good food.

Latest posts