For all you very unscrupulous businessmen out there....

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We've been getting alot of spammage lately. I just want it to go on record --and I hope that anyone who is pondering spamming is reading this-- that spamming will never work. First of all, it's obvious that these 'users' are just spambots. Nobody is going to talk to a robot who can only say 'Invest in SpaceX' or whatever. It's pointless! Second of all, nobody clicks on the links anyways (what would I do with a wedding dress or a home in Tahiti :idunno ), and it only makes your company or business look dishonorable by resorting to those means. So please, no spamming. It's a very idiotic business investment.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that's right, J.R.

The messages all seem so, non-relevant . . . I know we keep hearing how the ad people have sooooo much trouble figuring out how to monetise the internet. (Monetise? is that the word? Shows you how much of a plutocrat I am - don't know the word!)

Pooor Babies! I'll tell you what - it gives me more faith in humanity that those clowns haven't figured out how to make much profit. And maybe, just maybe, we will turn a little more to our own connections and reasoning to make good choices on products & behavior!

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never responded to spam, nobody I know does. Maybe there are spam suckers out there that respond to it. In the words of P.T Barnham (Theres one born every minute).

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agreed- and I feel the same about telemarketing... really if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it. So, now I want to find the person that signs up for something from an unsolicited phone call!!

Latest posts