For Dracaenaceae Lovers! Please post yours?

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love them. Had a bit of a freeze problem last winter, but I saved some.
Please feel free to add your pictures.
I need to go take a few.... be back soon. :lol:

Thanks; Joe

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Corn plant last year was about 6 foot high. Freeze got the best of me. New plan this year.
Just happy she is coming back so nice. I have removed some shoots to help the others get the food they need to be strong before winter time. Although winter is short here it can be harsh on tender plants that I like to keep.
Regro.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Score! I did a job yesterday and I included a few cuttings in the price, this works well.
It is called;
Hawaiian Ti Plant, Good Luck Plant, Ti Plant
Cordyline fruticosa

100_7595.jpg

I lost all of them that were in the ground last winter. I had some in pots, I am working on getting my collection back. They are great around the hot tub.

I will be able to get a several plants from this!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Score! I did a job yesterday and I included a few cuttings in the price, this works well.
It is called;
Hawaiian Ti Plant, Good Luck Plant, Ti Plant
Cordyline fruticosa

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/injunjoetortman/cuttings/100_7595.jpg

I lost all of them that were in the ground last winter. I had some in pots, I am working on getting my collection back. They are great around the hot tub.

I will be able to get a several plants from this!
:bun YAY for you!!! Gotta love scores like that! :ya

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey there!

Aren't they wonderful. I once worked at a Plant Nursery in Huntington Beach, CA, and in the far back of the property there was a stand of Dracaena that was like a Forest! It reminded me of squeezing through a bamboo forest. I loved the sounds of the leaves in the wind.

I have one Dracaena; it was several years ago (10 or so) and I was in Houston, TX, a neighbor threw out a potted Dracaena that had alot of burn on the edges of the leaves. They threw it in the trash!

So I dragged it in, gave it a haircut, trimmed the dried back in the shape of the spikey leaves to hide the cuts, and it is still with me today.

It is a broader leaf version with a high degree of variegation. It finally reached about 4ft and was so lush.

Sadly, about two seasons ago I let one of my injured Lovebirds into the house to live as he recovered. I let him fly about the house and in less than a day he had completely defoliated my wonderful Dracaena. He is still recovering today (the plant, not the Lovebird LOL)

Maybe I will take pictures. There is a new sprout coming from the base and is nearly completely white with variegation.

Ron

sunstar

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I finally got her home, she is tall and lanky, and I have to wait for the kid to get home to figureout what she did with my camera.. :rant thinking it went to school with her, which is grounds for a whoopin.

Anywho, bringing it in and knocking out all the old useless dirt ( not soil ugh dirt) I managed to break off one of the heads, there is about 3 ft of stalk under the head, suggestions please for repotting.

As soon as the kid gets home I will include a picture, its not a Margenta its the green variety.
kinda looks like me when I get up in the morning, leaves going all over the place. :gig

Here she is:
010-4.jpg

realized what a crappy picture that is lol here is a little better one.

011-2.jpg

Latest posts