For the love of fluffy buns!

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am getting my first angoras next weekend. :love :bun I can't wait! They are French Angoras. Sir Tristan the Bold (my buck) is cream. My doe is a broken red. Her Royal Majesty Annabelle the One Eared has a small amount of white on her chest( it looks like a beard). I am awaiting the birth of my next doe! I had one picked out already but it feel through after a small mess with the breeder. Oh well. I am really hoping for a broken lilac or blue. If not then a chestnut agouti or a chocolate will do. As long as she is not chocolate her name will be The Lady Isolde. If she's chocolate then it's going to be The Duchess Ghirardelli. I think I'm going to name my rabbitery The Round Hutch. It's a play off the Round Table. I have a love of all things King Arthur. :D If these guys go well I may get an Satin Trio next. I do want at least one English. I may get a buck then if I like him get some does.

So anyone else being smothered in bunny fluffys?! :bun

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
LOL, Marshall!

Congrats, Ninny! It's so exciting. Can't wait to see pix. We went to a show last weekend, and I saw Angoras for the first time...omgosh they're adorable! Don't think I'd want the responsibility of all that hair myself. We have dogs that drive us nuts with the hair already, LOL.

Love the Arthurian theme!

We got our first ever rabbits at that show. The blue (SF) buck came with the name Honda. Since we have an Odyssey just about the same color, we decided to keep the name. The does (black SF) came un-named, so we decided to go with a vehicle theme for this first generation...Mercedes (called Sadie) and Cordova (called Corry).

I think if you're breeding for show, using a different theme for each generation would help keep everything separate and make it easier to know who "begat" whom, LOL

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a beatiful blue buck but sad to say he's a Rex so he wouldn't fit into your breeding program.
6858_blue_bunny.jpg

Remember, if you want a good blue there has to be chocolate genes in there somewhere.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love the name the Round Hutch. Remember that Lancelot was French.

That blue Rex is REALLY nice Hoodat.

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
marshallsmyth- No she can't. Actullay it's super funny to me that she is a broken because she is missing her right ear! :p
hoodat- That is a beautiful blue!
Jared77- I forget that Lancelot was french. That is so perfect for a buck then.

gradient.png
163314_2727395521716_980214342_n.jpg

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That picture was when he was 7 weeks old. He's up to 5 pounds now and I don't know how big he'll get. His daddy is huge. He's holding his color nicely though. Someone was supposed to come by and look at him today but they haven't shown up.