Fordhook GIANT chard

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ran out of the chard seeds I purchased from the Livingston company and bought a package of Fordhook Giant chard seeds, and it certainly is giant chard. I was about to pick this and Ava said: "Pop, what is that, it is huge!" Fortunately, we like it even after it has been reheated.

JackB

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack, was that grown in your greenhouse? Let us know how you like the taste as compared to your usual variety, if you think of it. Fordhook is always easy to find seeds for, but not necessarily the other kinds, like Rainbow.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Jack, was that grown in your greenhouse? Let us know how you like the taste as compared to your usual variety, if you think of it. Fordhook is always easy to find seeds for, but not necessarily the other kinds, like Rainbow.
The chard was grown hydroponically in the basement. The seeds I had were simply marked chard and the plants were short, stubby and a lighter green. I have seeds for rainbow, yellow, fudanso umaina (Japanese Chard) and ruby chard but wanted to try the Fordhook. The taste was fine, we liked it a lot, it is just that I really did not expect it to really be that big. To tell the truth, it is very hard to detect any difference in taste between the different varieties.

JackB

Latest posts