Free carrot seeds, Bakers Creek

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Anyone else get free seeds from bakers Creek? Is this an every order thing? Do they always send the same thing, or does it change?

They are the parisenne carrots http://rareseeds.com/parisienne-carrot.html
I've never done carrots before, but I think I read somewhere that they don't transplant well. true?

Thanks!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I understand that when transplanted, carrots tend to "fork".
Direct sow is best. At least, that's what I understand to be the case. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to the Baker Creek store in Petaluma and they gave me 2 packages of melon seeds. They were two different kinds. I didn't even buy that much.

Mary

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I only spent $18....got some really cool hard to find stuff though! It only took a week for the seeds to arrive, but they included a note saying "sorry for the delay" lol I wasn't sure if the free seeds were a thing they did with every order, or just because they thought they took too long (I was perfectly happy with the timing!)

Ok....I'll have to find a space for them and direct sow in May. I think I'm 'over' the flower beds that were here when we moved in. lol they might have to move this year. Maybe the carrots will go there. I hope perennials transplant well.

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Baker's Creek is great to work with. I go by and shop in their store a couple times a year when I'm through that area. They always toss something in, I think. I'm usually going out with bushes, plants, etc. plus a stack of seeds.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Been ordering from B.C for many years now and they always include a free packet of seeds with your order. No matter how big or small the order is. One year I received a free pkt of heirloom Old German tomato seeds, another year they sent a variety of Melon..Noirre de Crimee..another a mixed floral pkt. of flowers, and for three years in a row they sent me the "Green Zebra" tomato..LOL!! I think GZ is a beautiful productive tomato, but the taste to me was sublime..blah..I grew it two years before giving up and giving the seeeds away.

I direct seed my carrots in the garden. I always mix my carrot seeds with a little bit of fine sand and then sprinkle very shallow where to be planted...Lightly mist daily until you get germination..I get pretty good germiation this way..be patient, they are slow to come up...

ohiogoatgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i spent almost $90 on my baker creek order and got leaf lettuce free packet. its a red colored type. dont have it in front of me right now so i cant tell ya the actual name. i wish i woulda got carrot seeds free packet. :/
but i did buy two types of carrot.
i hope that lettuce is good...

country freedom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I ordered from Baker Creek this year for the first time.
My free packet was flowers - Love In A Mist.

Latest posts