free seed packet...

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:ya I just received a free seed packet from Baker Creek. I didnt get the free seed packet with my order because they forgot but i told them and sent me a free seed packet. I got a tomato called Henderson's Pink Ponderosa, has anyone ever grown this variety before?

I've researched it and see that its a very meaty, low acid tomato that can get over 2 pounds.
Can't wait to grow this variety.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love Bakers Creek. They aways write " Thank You, Kathy" on my orders. Then one day I call and Kathy answered the phone. I was amazed. Like I knew the lady.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, its my first year with them so far its been great. Their a great seed company and they have great customer service :) .

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
RedClayGardener said:
I got the same Pink Ponderosa in my Bakers Creek seeds. They sprouted great and are thriving. We'll see how the tomatos taste.
They should be really good tomatoes but like you said we'll see. Did you order those or did they give them to you for free?

countrywife

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
RedClayGardener said:
I got the same Pink Ponderosa in my Bakers Creek seeds. They sprouted great and are thriving. We'll see how the tomatos taste.
OK, remember, I live with teenagers, I am easily confused. I got these too, and for the life of me I could not figure out WHY I would have ordered pink tomatos! LOL, apparently, they were my extras, that I didnt know I was going to get. :)

RedClayGardener

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
They sent them for free. I usually don't start tomatoes from seeds since they are not my favorite thing to eat, but free is free. They spent their first full day in the sun today and did fine. This is the first year I have ordered from Bakers Creek and so far I am really impressed with their germination rates!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got them for free too from Bakers Creek so I started them indoors a couple of weeks ago and they took right off.
I hope they do well because they sound really good.
I have noticed that alot of places are giving out free seeds this year, so far I have gotten free watermelon, tomato, corn, lettuce, peas, beans and herb seed.

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I started 6 or 7 different kinds of tomatoes from Baker Creek and they all had to be transplanted at two weeks because they were 5-6 inches tall. Not leggy, either they are beautiful plants! Most of them are getting their third or fourth sets of true leaves already. I am in shock over the health of these seedlings!

I am SOOO proud of them!

:love

Latest posts