free trees from arbor day?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem, I think that is the coolest thing ever! I saw grapes, peaches and apples at a botanical garden once. All full of beautiful fruit. What a sight!! I hope you will take photos and let us know your progress. I would love to try it- but I am scared!!!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The one time I ordered trees from the Arbor Day Foundation they sent me five little crepe myrtle trees of which only two have made it, which for considering our wind problems here I know why....I didn't protect them enough. When I got the catalog to order more it said they couldn't deliver in CA. I never did figure that one out since they were able to send the seedlings. Look into it before you do it. We paid the $10.00 and couldn't go any further.

mszbdog1

Sprout
Reaction score
;)I wish I had my camera, but left it in ex husband vehicle when we went to pick up my new English bulldog puppy over the weekend. I have been a member of the Arbor Day Foundation for years now and love to watch my free little trees go from sapplings to around 3' tall now. of my free one's I only lost two to chipmunks, of the bigger one's I've ordered from their tree book I haven't lost any out of the 30 I ordered last fall (so far) they are a very good organization and have very strong beliefs in replanting trees we have lost due to fire, cutting for paper, cutting to clear land etc. I just love them and so will all of you. Just remember when you first plant them to make doublely sure to keep them well watered NOT SOPPING WET IT WILL CAUSE ROOT ROT. but still give plenty of water during the growing season and hot sun. Good luck everyone and thanks for supporting The Arbor Day Foundation.
Bev:D