Freezer Jelly Recipe?

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for freezer jellies?

We have strawberries ripening and need to find a quick fix to preserve them before the wild birds and critters get them first.

Dawn

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Same one that Grandma uses!!! I could eat it with a spoon by the gallon buckets!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Why not just freeze them? It's much faster. Then you can do various things with them later. Me, I think they freeze best if sugared first, but dry pack isn't bad either. They will be squishy and 'saucey' when thawed, but for most things except strawberry shortcake that is actually a plus :)

Good luck,

Pat

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Since I don't have pectin or small jars on hand, right now, todays pickings will be sugared and put into zip-lock baggies and go directly to the freezer.

I used to do tons of canning when I was a kid, between grandmom and my mom putting up the gardens every year. That was more years ago than I care to think about. :gig

Dawn

JudyMcKinn

Sprout
Reaction score
Does anyone have a strawberry jam or jelly recipe that uses Splenda, or such? My hubby is diabetic, so the 4 cups sugar to 2 cups strawberries is out. There may not be a way to do jam or jelly without using sugar, but hope someone knows a way. Thanks.

JudyMcKinn

Sprout
Reaction score
Thanks. Some of these look very hopeful (and simple, which is what I need!)

Latest posts