freezers?

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mostly cell & molec, but I am a jack (jill?) of all trades. Biology undergrad, chem eng grad school, a lot of microbiology and tissue culture in between. I build stuff: cells, proteins, reactors, purification systems, crummy lab equipment bought secondhand, gardens, chicken coops...

Angie n Maine

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We have a 7.2 CF freezer and love it. We went in on a small steer last year and also bought a goat...the meat anyway :D (about 150lbs in steaks, chops, burger, roast etc.) and there was still plenty of room left for bread or veggies. I filled that space with milk jugs full of water. I don't notice it on my electric bill, actually I think my chickens cost more to keep warm. :rolleyes:
It cost about $250 for the freezer, but because we can buy in bulk we ultimately save money and it pays for itself. :cool:

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so how much meat does how big of a freezer hold? E.g. if I wanted to freeze 10 chickens and a quarter of beef, say, what kind of space would I need? Or, Angie you mention how much your freezer holds, does it say how many cu ft it is? (edited to add: oh wait, angie, that WAS cubic feet you quoted - somehoe I read it as degrees F :p)

Thanks,

Pat

Latest posts