Freezing corn...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it tastes funny if you don't...The only time I don't do it, is if it will be going to the chickens as a winter treat. They don't seem to care!!

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't blanch I just leave some of the husk on and vacuum seal it and it taste just like fresh out of the garden.

Hencackle

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Like dipence71, I freeze corn-on-the-cob with the silks & inner husks intact and vacuum seal it. After thawing, the silks come off more easily than when fresh, IMO.

I can't taste any off flavor when I freeze corn this way and I'm very picky about quality and taste. Too bad that I don't have enough freezer space to do all the corn this way.

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ok.. thanks. I think I'll try some both ways this year and see how we like em :thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to blanche what I bought from the farmers market. Its tastes good to us. I like the idea of leaving it in husks... but honestly, I don't want the work of shucking all that in the winter when I want C-o-t-C!

I pretty much cook and pre prep all my veggies for less work in the colder months. I think I work hard enough all summer for our harvests! LOL :lol:

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hencackle said:
Like dipence71, I freeze corn-on-the-cob with the silks & inner husks intact and vacuum seal it. After thawing, the silks come off more easily than when fresh, IMO.

I can't taste any off flavor when I freeze corn this way and I'm very picky about quality and taste. Too bad that I don't have enough freezer space to do all the corn this way.
Yah what she said

I husk most of the big stuff off and just leave it like when I grill it with the husk on. I take it out of freezer thaw and put on my george forman grill and whala fresh grilled corn.....in the winter.....:weee

Latest posts