fresh cucs this am

joann

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I wish our computer had a taste button. My neighbor two doors down came over this am and i couldn't help myself. had to pick a cuc from the vine. It was so tasty and juicey i couldn't belive it. Way better then those from the store with no chemials add.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's great! Produce off the vine is beyond compare; congratulations!! :coolsun

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That is good and all but why did the nieghbor have to come over to make that happen? Life is short, Eat Lots!! :lol:

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's ambrosia isn't it, eating them stem fresh.:p

I also enjoy snapping off an asparagus spear and eating it raw. I have done this with corn before as well. Nothing like "fresh"!:)

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bills, I love to eat some raw asparagus. I have to be careful of all of us "nibbling" as I prepare them, or the dinner amount gets pretty sparse! ;)

Also, yes on the corn! Raw corn is fine by me! :)

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congrats on the fresh cucumbers. Nothing beats that! Ours are about 4 inches long right now. So much waiting!

I've been caught too many times having "lunch" in the garden off of fresh raw fruits and veggies and people wonder why I'm never hungry after working all day in the garden!

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I love fresh raw veggies of all kinds..When my kids were little they would NOT eat any veggie that was cooked. I could serve peas, snap beans, corn, turnips, greens, potatoes and even okra raw to them and they would gobble it down....let me put cooked veggies on their plant and you would think I had ask them to eat rocks! Same thing w/ fruits--no pies, cobblers, shakes--and don't dare add sugar! I guess for the first 10yrs of their lives they ate raw fruit and veggies.. Then they slowly started eating a few things cooked on the grill but they all still prefer fresh/raw veggies..

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Tutter said:
Bills, I love to eat some raw asparagus. I have to be careful of all of us "nibbling" as I prepare them, or the dinner amount gets pretty sparse! ;)

Also, yes on the corn! Raw corn is fine by me! :)
Dinner? Who needs dinner. Just eat it in the garden. No dishes to wash that way..:lol: You could get the rest of the family to help weed while they eat.:)

Hmmm...maybe I should invite some friends over.... I have lots of garden gloves, and a bottle of wine...;)

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bills said:
Dinner? Who needs dinner. Just eat it in the garden. No dishes to wash that way..:lol: You could get the rest of the family to help weed while they eat.:)

Hmmm...maybe I should invite some friends over.... I have lots of garden gloves, and a bottle of wine...;)
Throw in a loaf of Wharf bread (sour dough.), and I'll bet they'd line up around the block! ;)

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Cucumbers are one of my favorites we planted around 25 vines, eating them fresh or adding some vinegar is great.

Latest posts