Fruit catalogues--I'm a total sucker!

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Does anybody have a reputable mail-order fruit source in Southern Canada/midwestern US? Every year, those beautiful photos just pull me in and I start dreaming. Mmmmmm.... Paw-paws, currants, blueberries, strawberries, plums. Oh, yum!

Then, reality hits. They arrive in April/May, dead-looking sticks. Some thrive, many don't.

So, if you have a great source for fruit, I would love to hear about it! Or, any tips for getting a better success rate. For example, I have never been able to bring blueberries to fruitfulness yet after 5 years of trying.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have ordered a coffee plant from a place called edible landscaping. they are in virginia. it's a lovely plant, but doesn't really fruit since it's a houseplant here in zone 6. i'm thinking of ordering a dwarf peach from them this year. Anyone order from them before?

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I really like Jung's.
I've ordered lots of trees from them and they have all grown.
My parents had one tree that didn't come out of dormancy the winter after they planted it and Jung's replaced it.
They are very good about replacing things!
Unlike Stark's.......:(

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What kind of fruit?

Nourse Farms has excellent berry plants, I have never had one not grow from them. Well, OK, I did have ONE bundle of strawberries that didn't grow, but that was completely my fault for underestimating the local rabbit population.

For trees I like Trees of Antiquity. Expensive, but the trees always do fine, even with horrible deer infestations.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'd like a bunch of unusual trees like paw-paws, kiwi, honey berry, fig, plus the more regular ones like apricots, cherry, apple, blueberries. I used to go for cheapness, figuring I had time to let them grow up. Now, I just want them to grow!! We've been at our new place 5 1/2 years now and it well past time to start getting some fruit. I will have to check out those mentioned above.

melgsix

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I know what you meen. I love those beautiful pictures and all the fruits and veggies growing on their plants, but I haven't ben that successful either. My tomatoe trees only got about 2.5 feet, not the 7-8 that they prommissed, and we only got a few small tomatoe in November, but the never got past the green stage before freezing. My cherry bush and blackberries died. I did get peppers, great big ones, but the plants were too week to support them. I had excelent results with the zuming zucchini though.:/