frustrated with 'puter so i think it might be best . . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
bdB5Ooge50mIPGA7B-MfJg2.gif

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are BRILLIANT!!!! A sprout garden in a keyboard.......at least you can grow SOMETHING!!! :lol: How does a keyboard hold up in a drought/freeze/flood/frost?????? :weight And does it prefer full sun or partial shade??? :gig

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been burning videos from my wife's camera to DVD's this hot afternoon.

Mostly, my photographs are just left in the computer. Sometimes I put them on a flashdrive & carry them around :rolleyes: or print them. I don't make videos.

She wants her videos on a DVD. So, I've been burning, burning. I can't figure out why some of them are AVI formatted and I can't figure out why they won't play on the teevee. Luckily I made a separate disc for the AVI videos. She will have to watch them on the computer but . . . what a pain :/.

This just isn't my cup of tea! Tea?! That's what I need - a cup of tea . . .

Steve

ETA: Also lucky that a sharp-shinned hawk just showed up at my gate - just a few yards from computer thru the window!! Not too lucky for him that he missed the sparrows but he made an entertaining attempt!

strantor

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I have been burning videos from my wife's camera to DVD's this hot afternoon.

Mostly, my photographs are just left in the computer. Sometimes I put them on a flashdrive & carry them around :rolleyes: or print them. I don't make videos.

She wants her videos on a DVD. So, I've been burning, burning. I can't figure out why some of them are AVI formatted and I can't figure out why they won't play on the teevee. Luckily I made a separate disc for the AVI videos. She will have to watch them on the computer but . . . what a pain :/.
What software are you using to burn the videos to DVD?
You can't just drag and drop on the DVD, because the video files have to be reformatted to DVD format. You need a software to do that.
Or you could go to Walmart and the the cheap chinese DVD player that plays discs full of .jpg, .bmp, .avi, .mpg, .,mp4, .etc

Sorry, I haven't done this in a long time so I don't know what software to recommend, but when I last did it maybe 4 or 5 years ago I was using a software called Nero; not sure if it's still around.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No software . . . I just ignored what was in the computer figuring it was going to lead me to something online & a 30 day trial, or something.

Some of what she filmed, I can just drag & drop. The DVD plays it back on the teevee. The AVI things (& she doesn't know how she pushed that button, or whatever she did) will only play on a computer.

. . . but we do have one of those cheap disc players. It has been put away in a closet. When someone sends her a CD that won't work otherwise, she drags that out, I r e a c h around behind the teevee & plug it in, and she gets to watch whatever it is. I'll drag that out! Thank you for the idea, Strantor.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
AVI is usually what digital videos start out as. You can play them straight from your digital video camera by plugging it into the tv. But if you use the computer to cut and edit then want to burn them to a dvd, they'll have to be converted. Do you have Windows Movie Maker on your computer? That's what I use to convert mine. It came with my computer.

ETA: those alfafa sprouts are making me crave some on a bagel with cream cheese right now... :drool

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dun it :)!

Windows DVD Maker was in the 'puter. . .

Steve
1lg140tornado2.gif

Gosh!!

Latest posts