Frustration

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
If you catch any squirrels, send them this way.

Just pop a few in a flat rate box and drop them off at the post office. :lol:

The funny thing is that it would probably work. :lol:

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I am so sorry!!!!

good grief ..stupid squirrels!!!

we do not have a problem here but in my old house they would dig up and eat anything I put in the ground I had to cage everything and still they would get in ..

they used to shake my door because the kids would feed them until they started hanging on their bedroom windows and scared the kids!

silly things carry fleas too

we have one Douglas squirrel who rules our yard now and keeps the grays away ..I am happy with him ..all he eats is stuff the chickens miss so I dont care keeps worse rodents away that is all I care about

I am so sorry :(

ddawn

Sprout
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Hee hee hee...yeah..the daylillies are safe too :p

And nobody has munched the mint or the thyme...yet

Forgot to mention the squirrels also wiped out my kale. I did save two plants :he
I just read how much chickens love mint....

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi ddawn! :frow

I have stacks of mint -- well herbs generally. As well as 6 chickens who free-range my garden. No problems!! :celebrate

My chickens must be the best behaved flock around. I have never had problems with them wrecking fully grown plants & they seem to be more interested in small plants that I am tending, -- like when I'm putting them in. That's the only time I protect them. I don't mind if they steal the odd raspberry or two. I think it's because they have better things to do. They go off into the woodland garden part & I can hear them chatting away or having a dust bath etc. Occasionally a long line of them come to check me out -- see me gardening; get bored with me & go back to "chicken matters"......!! :lol:

I do realise that one day I will get my come-uppence & all this will come to an end.......!!

wifezilla :frow

Sorry about the squirrels. We have them around but so far they haven't moved into my garden.........Hmmm! :fl :fl :fl

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts