Full Body Checks

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm still working on 35, but have had some bad burns on my shoulders in my teens and early 20's. Spent every summer from the time I was little till the end of high school at the public pool for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and played and gardened outdoors. What do you think, wait a few years to get screened (prostate and colon cancer are on my list already so why not add one more)?

Now that my lawn is beginning to fail I am wearing hats to garden. :)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can get a skin check at any age. With skin cancer the earlier its treated the better. All mine cost was a co-pay worth it for peace of mind.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get confused on the different types of skin cancers, but I think I read somewhere that the bloodroot salve was known to be effective on one type of cancer, but not the kind that can kill you. I don't know if this is correct---sure wouldn't hurt to do some research on it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Skin cancer was one of the themes of today's Dr. Oz show. Didn't see much more than this part. Basal cell carcinoma is the best skin cancer to have if you have to have it at all. Relatively easy to remove for total cure. Squamous cell carcinoma is the second best. Both are mostly top-layer-of-skin problems. Melanoma is the worst of the three and the one both hardest to contain and remove as well as most deadly.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, Dr Oz might be telling you something.
Dr. Oz was talking to the world of his audience. That seldom includes me. I stopped in for a cool drink and Oz was starting.

Okay, I have an appointment with the Doctor (made it today) for June 24th. If I make it that long I'll ask for a fullllllll body check. Probably cost me double.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every now and then someone will post how to make the bloodroot salve on the net. It doesn't stay up very long. The book I bought is packed in a box......will have to find it and post name of book.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dr. Oz was talking to the world of his audience. That seldom includes me. I stopped in for a cool drink and Oz was starting.

Okay, I have an appointment with the Doctor (made it today) for June 24th. If I make it that long I'll ask for a fullllllll body check. Probably cost me double.

Called the clinic back to be sure that doctor would be okay with a body check. Got the dermatology department by mistake. So-o-o-o-o, Nyboy, Oz, and medical department error is too coincidental for me. I made an appointment with a doctor there as well for June 1, 2015.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: That does seem to line up rather well, doesn't it? I've had things happen like that and figure God is trying to tell me something...I no longer believe in coincidence.