Fuschias

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know it's not Spring yet when the Fuschias start blooming.....but I couldn't wait to post a "Spring" photo. This variety is called "Pink Marshmallow".....taken about 4 years ago. One of six varieties I keep through the Winter in the house. Going to start some cuttings on some plants next month. Think Spring!! "PINK MARSHMALLOW"
7566_june282008_011.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a beauty! I wasn't aware they could be wintered over. Do you do anything special for them? I finally found the perfect spot for a couple last year. Believe it or not I hung them out of my cedar tree- they didn't get full sun and lasted all summer... I hate to tell you how many I have killed! Thanks for the lovely pic. 55 days till spring.....

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm wanting Spring as well..... lesa.... On wintering Fuschias..... I bring in my baskets of mother plants....very little water...just enough to keep them going.....and about the 2nd week of February...I put them in a warmer area....extra water(warm water) and watch them sprout new leaves. I take cuttings a couple of weeks later....and the mother plants are used again in my baskets for the new season. Hope this help? Rusty:D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks Rusty! i love fuschia! it is a plant i remember fondly from my childhood when a neighbor used to have a huge plant every year given to her for mothers day by her hubby! they were an older couple in their 80's and i was probably only 6 at the time. i don't think i've ever seen the one called 'Pink Marshmallow' before! i'll have to look for that this coming spring.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I found this photo with my Fuschia photos.....this was a Puff Ball that I found in one of my sheep pastures.....it was slug and snail eaten...but still the size was still there..... they can be soooooo tasty.
7566_puff_ba_003.jpg
I just looked at the photo again.....boy do I look like a charmer......must of had a bad day....:lol: I generally look more human and happy.....

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol:You're way too kind.....I look like something the cat wanted to bury..... A Puff Ball is a type of Fungus/Mushroom.....edible.....usually about the size of a tennis ball.....I was surprised to see this one in the pasture......

Latest posts