Garden, chickens and dogs.....this year I win!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was the first planting in the big garden. Planted potatoes in my compost bin and will be adding material all season to build up the growing base. Put chicken wire over the top to prevent marauders!

This year I will be putting 2 ft. chicken wire topped by a strand of solar powered electric wire around my garden. No more chickens, no more dogs, no sheep, no cows.....just me and my veggies!

As soon as the fence is completed, I will be able to get my garden in.....it was so good to work the soil, even for a little bit, today!

Now....lets see if it works! :rolleyes:

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HA, I did the same thing yesterday. Why go thru the worries when you can just relax!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to get this garden in the ground and start nurturing it....I have a feeling this is my year for the most spectacular garden! I'm trying new things, planting my own sprouts, starting a different design for the whole garden, making things more efficient, maximizing the space....you name it, I'm doin' it! :)

The soil looks great, I have a source of composted manure for free, I have tons of worms and I'm just planting more stuff.....more to can, more to store, more to sell! :weee

I'm so excited I can barely sleep! :ya

Any of you doing extra measures to keep out free rangers, livestock, dogs? I never dreamed that dogs would be a problem for a garden....they never were before...but last year was pretty bad. Maybe because my garden falls in the middle of their territory/boundary and they just feel proprietory towards it. :hu

Latest posts