Garden Hose Filter

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
They make filters to attach to your pipe from pump tank that feeds the whole house. I attached 2.

One has a permanent metal screen that filters out larger items-sand, etc, second filters out small things like iron, etc.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes, and read and follow the directions on them if they need to be conditioned/rinsed out well first.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi Sprig of thje limv ~ what the hell kinda name is that ```

I have/had several wells ~ a Screen is the best thing you can install ~ A filter will not last long and usually must be replaced often ~ a Stainless Steel Screen will do the thing for you ~ If you have iron bacteria ~ you can Chlorine the well once a year ```

A screen will not let anything enough through to bother ~ once you flush the well and use it ~ without long periods of no use ```

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I have never had well water prior to this house we moved into and I see now that that means you get small particulates that can clog up sprinkler screens. In an effort to not have to hand water around 60 plants I'm looking to alleviate this situation. Is this a good option? Do people have a different solution? Help!!!!

Power Care Garden Hose Inlet Filter
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-Garden-Hose-Inlet-Filter-AP31076/202560210

are you getting stuff in your toilet tank?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Our plumber put in a whole house filter a few years ago. Works pretty well. Sits in the basement, easy to turn off the water and replace the filter 1x/month.
We have a problem with lime. Screens really don't work for that bc the the lime particles can be smaller than a screen will stop. Hate to make you spend money, put take a sample to your local AG extension office and find out WHAT the impurities are in your water before buying anything, so you will know what you are fighting.

Latest posts