Garden Huckleberry?

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good morning...I received some free seeds when I placed an order. They were Ground Cherries (YUM) and Garden Huckleberries. Never heard of them. Well of course I started them indoors and they really took off. I`ve read up on them and they sound interesting and I would like to know if anyone has grown them and what they use them for. It said one plant will bear enough berries to make 1 pie. :happy_flower
Edited to add the fruits are not edible until fully ripe and cooked!

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
O.K.! Now I get it about no reply to the Huckleberry question. They are gross! They look like a blueberry, kinda cook like a blueberry but YUCK! I made them into pancakes. One bite tells the story, they stay very firm. My dog picked around the H`berries and then the chickens picked around them. They will be coming out of the garden. I mentioned to my DH that they will probably plague me by coming back for years. :he:barnie

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We planted them as kid (many decades ago), I have no idea of what value they are as chickens, dogs, cats, wild birds or us would eat them. We let it frost on them that didn't help either. Just can't figure out of what value they are. If it helps, they didn't come up on us as volunteers.

Latest posts