Garden humor thread..

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Copper Wire Discovered!!!

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of New York City , New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 100 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles , California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside . Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read:
" California archaeologists report a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Tyler , Texas reported the following:
"After digging down about 30 feet deep in her pasture near the community of Lindale, Baymule, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that she found absolutely nothing. Baymule has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Texas had already gone wireless".

Just makes a person proud. :thumbsup

Whew! I was expecting you to say that Texans had no ancestors!
We're all familiar with those rumors, but still...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
An older gentleman walked into a jewelry store Christmas Eve with a beautiful much younger gal at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend.
The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring. The man said, 'No, I'd like to see something more special.'

At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. 'Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000" the jeweler said.
his girlfriend eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement.The man seeing this said, We'll take it.

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the man stated, "By check. I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds; I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon."

On Monday morning, the jeweler angrily phoned the old man and said "Sir, there's no money in that account".

'"
I know" said the old man...But let me tell you about my Christmas weekend

Moral of the story: Not All Seniors Are Senile

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but it actually sounds as if it would work. Of course, I would never think of something like that -- a spanking new Porsche for a Christmas present to be picked up on Monday.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Just wow

240962_453327584715250_1095043195_o.jpg

Latest posts