Garden humor thread..

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I googled that image that Pulsegleaner posted, the name, Cthulhu and I got a scam on my computer that acted like it was from Microsoft. Not blaming Pulsegleaner, of course....just a reminder that scams are everywhere. If you get it, don't click on the OK button, and don't call the number they give. Close out your browser then run a virus scan.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sCo_huhsign.gif

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm off to work another day at the rental apartment. Not exactly Garden humor, but at least I can laugh at what we do -- or try to do.

Once the work is done, THEN I can work on humoring my garden.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cthulhu is based off HP Lovcraft stories about a creature/deity from a parallel world that can cause madness just by seeing it. it's considered to be pure evil so the joke among the nerds/geeks (and by now you can guess i'm in that category) around political season that 'Why vote for they lesser of two evils when you could just vote for pure evil!'

ok, i'll go hide in my corner now & wait for the next gaming/comic convention. think i'll plant some flowers till that happens though! :oops:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not bat, Though I should point out that, technically, Lovecraft pointed out that Cthulu is not in fact evil or good. His though processes are so alien to ours that he is beyond our pitiful definitions of good and evil, as are those of ALL the Old Ones, Elder Gods etc.

Though I think he may have made a poor choice of running mate. Father Dagon is unlikely to get much popular support outside of Innsmouth, and there are certain tactical problems with having a VP who has to live in the depths of the Ocean. A better choice would probably have been Nyarlahotep. His million forms means he is adaptable, his job as herald means he is already a good public speaker, and in his avatar as the Black Pharaoh Nepren-Ka, he already has experience leading a country. Though in the current political climate, the fact he has a Middle Eastern name could be a problem.

But it may be moot anyway. As a recent Robot Chicken skit pointed out, as someone who was born upon the dark star Xoth and currently lives in the sunken city of R'yleh Cthulu is probably ineligible to run (unless you want to pull the Count Bela defense that that law does not apply to individuals born before the creation of the United States and it composite colonies).

And you think youre a geek, you're (probably) not the one with a full set of the Toy Vault Lovecraft plushies sitting on his bed (well my bedroom dresser, but still) who can sing the HPLHS carols from memory (and now the Sea Shanties) and who has gotten his parents to promise to buy him this as a reward for when I reach my ideal wreight http://store.cthulhulives.org/collections/apparel/products/arkham-sanitarium-lab-coat.

I love you with this to brighten your morning

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I imagine this has been here before but at 156 pages ... :)
CTewwdpWsAI-3l7.jpg

But, who am I to Romaine Calm?! I have a South Window filled with garden starts, more on the floor of the utility room, the warm spot in the kitchen is "stacked" with containers holding (hopefully) sprouting seeds, and there are even flats of onions toughing it out in the (so far) unheated greenhouse!!

Starting cool-season crops is next, and I have to make hard decisions on peppers, and somhow assess eggplant germination without more than a guess on what will be emerging in that container! I'm both anxiously awaiting seedlings and being driven by those already growing and needing warmth, water and room!

Romaine? Am I Caesar salad? Before I hit that Iceberg, I need organization so as not to Leaf out anything, complete with Bibb and tucker! I'll be giving myself a Dressing down if I show any Butterhead tendencies over the next 6 months!

Steve

Latest posts