Garden Photos

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Summer is finally here, although we've had chilly temperatures the last week. Makes my tomatoes and watermelons pout. A few of you asked for updated photos of the new vegetable garden as the season progressed, so here ya go.

IMG_3540.jpg
IMG_3541.jpg

Thankfully, Mr. Moley has moved on to dig massive holes in yet another garden. Currently growing: Serrano peppers, sweet red peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, pickles, baby greens, radishes, onions, bush beans, red potatoes, carrots, spinach. Peas never germinated. Not a one. Bummer as I was looking forward to those this year.

My very first tomato. Out of ten plants last year, I was able to harvest only 4 tomatoes. Those naughty chookies got them ALL. I've foiled them this year with the new fence. The tomatoes look lovely and big and full of fruit. I can't wait for them to all start turning red.
IMG_3542.jpg

DigitS - this is special for you - thanks a million for helping me with my dead onions:
IMG_3544.jpg

Thank you to everyone who sent nice notes about the perennial gardens and the new veggie garden fence. It has really been a wonderful addition to our backyard.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there City Chook :frow

It's all looking great -- Good Luck with the tomatoes -- I'm waiting for mine to turn red too! :lol: I've got lots of flowers & a few tiny green toms. :frow

:rose Hattie :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous.... absolutely a wonderful to look at and wonderfully functional space. You did an awesome job, and should be so proud. Thanks for sharing pictures. :hugs

Latest posts