garden planning software?

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good garden planner that isn't web-based? I want to load it on my laptop and not be required to have internet use or renew subscriptions to use it?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
In all my rainy day, cold nasty weather boredom, I created a document and planned out my garden beds. I made a grid where each square represented a square foot in my garden. Then I "planted" the spring garden! I am a little over ambitious and even on a computer screen it looks a little crowded. It will take tweaking here and there, but it is better than the helter-skelter way I usually plant.

BUUUUUTTTTT................ if there is free software like what you are asking about.........count me in!! :ya

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well I don't care if its free... reasonable is ok... I just want the basic program

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Didn't mother earth news have one on their website that was free to download? I bet its an app though, now a days they're all apps and I don't have an 'android' or 'ipad' to even waste my time using them on it! :tongue

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Mother earth has one but its subscription

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
This one is fun to play with...
http://www.smallblueprinter.com/garden/planner.html

8721_untitled.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What I don't like about those plan thingies is they don't take into account your actual property measurements and layout. You have something funky and it doesn't care. They only let you plan by bed. I really like Journey's post where she google earthed her property and then overlaid her actual garden plan with sizes so she knew what she was working with, as well as directional light!

I am so going to do that!!!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing VFem. I went to that link. It is a beautiful idea, but when I tried to do the outline, and I spent awhile trying, each time I let go of the cursor, the measured outline vanished.

It's close to being great, but not quite.

Latest posts