Garden Revolution!

gumbygardener

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hello! I am kyle and I am from the Ozarks area of southwest Missouri. This winter I found that I have a passion to garden after visiting a local nursery. I have got a pinterest to look up gardening ideas, I have read articles on how to grow from seeds, and have watched all the TED talks about gardening. I am starting to make a vegetable garden In my back yard. 2 weeks ago I planted some tomato seeds and habanero seeds in a burbee seed staring kit, I have bought some other seeds and getting ready to plant those too. I am really pumped to grow my own garden and want to start a garden revolution in the Branson area. After watching the TED talk by Robert Finley, I want to help start the movement among younger people in my area to garden! I found my new passion and I have been telling all my friends to watch that talk to pump them up for gardening too. I look forward to gaining expert insight from all of you on this website and If you have any ideas on what I can do to help the garden movement tell me, thank you!

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, this is the time of year to get pumped about gardening, all right. we're right there with you!
Just a word of caution: it's pretty easy to go overboard on planting before you figure out how much space you can care for. (weeding is an especially time consuming task unless you can find a way to prevent them)
But we all tend to take on more than we can reasonably do; I guess that's just part of the process.
There is lots of good info in the forum about specific issues. Have fun, and welcome!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! I would be very excited about gardening- except right now I am watching the snow blow all over the place... maybe next week.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to TEG ! We're all really excited to get gardening this spring. Sounds like you'll be able to before me! Good luck, and ask us whatever question you think of - no silly questions here!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Kyle! From southeast Texas!!! My earliest memories are of toddling behind my Daddy in his garden. That's a nice way of saying I have gardened for a long time :lol: with breaks along the way, but I never tire of the thrill of sprouting seedlings, the first squash bloom, picking a wash pan of butterbeans.

I can't wait to hear more about your gardening adventures. If you have questions, be sure to come here to ask, someone is bound to have the answer for you. :frow

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Hello :frow and :welcome Kyle. I am north of you in Eastern IA. Spring is getting here slowly. Aad we are all getting anxious to be out in the garden after a LONG and COLD winter.