Garden Season 2015

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ and I went into Walmart yesterday and he found a whole shelving unit full of seeds!!!!!! I had to practically drag him away as he was drooling all over the floor!!!!
What will you all be planting in your gardens this year.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I plant the usuall, nothing exotic. I planted Chandler strawberries this weekend and have a 6-pack of lettuce to plant. Will continue to plant 6 heirloom tomatoes, kale, and a bush zuchinni, and garlic.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DH does not drool until harvest. :D He was going to Fleet Farm yesterday and asked if I wanted to go. I heard the seeds were in. I have to go alone. He's pretty patient, but I tell him to go off and play and I'll call him when I'm done, but he comes back, and stands there, hovering, bored, drives me nuts. I just need beet, carrot, radish, and maybe a few things that I didn't know I 'needed' til I see it.

I planted 3 types of garlic last Fall, so I'm excited for Spring... to see if I did right this time. :rolleyes:
And I'm moving a bunch of perennials from the end of the veg garden so I can move the tomatoes down there. I hope to fit in more beets, carrots and lettuce, and maybe a few pumpkins this year.

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday dh and I were discussing things we want to eat less of and things we want to eat more of (vegetables, duh). And that continued into a discussion of my plans for this years garden.
He actually said "I'll help you this year...." !!!
I heard it with my own ears, and I'm not gonna forget!

I'm adding squash and beets to the list of the usual, and he suggested collards, which completely cracked me up. Not that collards are funny, just that he would even know their name. I've never grown them, or served them. Seems he's been reading the literature that came with a certain new appliance....

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ was looking threw his garden books last night and asked what kind of tomatoes I wanted this year. My usual response, I dont know, but you have to plant extra tomatoes this year..... tomato soup!!!!!! What he made me was good but it had too much celery juice in it. I will also need more tomato sauce. We are going to do green beans again but they will be pole beans.... getting too lazy(and old) to crawl on the ground to pick the bush beans.
Of course we will be planting our usual veggies, cabbage, potatoes, carrots ect.