Garden this year YUCK - so far ONLY 58 tomato plants in the ground

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well I may not get anything else but hopefully I will have lots of tomatos. It has been so wet and rainy that havent got anything else planted. BOOOOO
I did get my "raised beds" with strawberries and herbs planted. Worried about my fruit trees as had a late frost but looks like some baby fruits are started anyway
Apple havent seen any on it at all/
Pear, peaches, plum, and grape viness have some babys on them.
We shall see

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dipence,

Can you tell us about the tomato varieties you are growing?? Are there some that do especially well in your garden?

Good Luck with ALL of Them!

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dipence71, I don't know where you live, but in SE Missouri, I used to hardly ever have anything planted till Memorial Day weekend. That used to be the big garden target date. Still lots of time to plant lots of things, if you have the time and energy for it. I just planted watermelon this morning.

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have all heirlloom varieties. Main one I grow is Rutgers, and have a few beefsteak also.
I have put in some new ones for me this year, Mr Stripey, and a deep purple one. Have a couple yellow for a friend of mine who cant have all the acid..... I am always picking up "odd" varieties to try. I love the shock factor to people who have no clue you can have purple tomatoes, carrotts, and greenbeans....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm about the same when it comes to wanting unusual stuff in the garden. searched all over to get 'black knight' carrots last year. finally got them through Johnny's Seeds in ME. even if i don't get to those harvested before they bolt they will have beautiful mauve flowers for cutting! :D

it's about the same here in NH when it comes to planting tender veggies. we have to wait till Memorial Day weekend and even then it has been a little unpredictable this year with night time temps. :/

Latest posts