Garden Tour

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Guess what ... Clark County (Vancouver [ suburbs + small towns] , Washington) Environmental Services, Sustainability Div. Annual Garden Tour has selected my garden to be one of 12 gardens (out of about 200 [mature and new gardens that were designed and installed by professionals or amathurs] that were inspected ) to be on the tour this comming July 14. I started my garden from scratch about a year ago by digging a ponding basin, dry river bed, building hills then lining them with river rocks (15 tons ), boulders (32 tons), crushed rock for walkways ( 17 tons) , kill , maim, and distroy all manner of weeds and removing dead trees and shrubs. Then spent last fall/ winter buying and planting sale/ close out trees , shrubs, ornamental grases, and edible plants. Two months ago, two Master Gardeners for the Couty came by to inspect my yard work... and I just received a call to invite me to participate in the tour of gardens. :celebrate Not bad for a retired rancher guy buying a disaster Bank Owned home about a year and a half ago. You are all invited to the tour ! :bouquet

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob, you got real good reasons to be having problems with your knees right now.

I hope you are at the gate and standing tall when those folks come by! If they put an article out about the tour, we'd all like a link to it here on TEG :cool:.

Congratulations, enjoy your garden and take it easy for awhile.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, we'd love to see some pics if you could. Congratulations to you. I know you have worked very hard, but it takes more than hard work, so I would guess you have a lot of artistic talent, as well. :woot

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What an honor! That is fabulous. I would love to join the tour- get that camera out!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! That is fantastic to have your hard work honored like that. The rest of us toil in obscurity hoping that someday in the far distant future someone will notice all our hard work and give us a blue ribbon.....NOT! Comb your hair, brush your teeth and dress up for the big day!

What should Bobm wear on the big day?? New striped overalls? Shorts and flipflops? A suit? Dirty fingernails or gloves?

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That is awesome Bob! Congratulations! We can all appreciate our own hard work, but when others do too it means so much more. Can't wait to see pictures. It sounds amazing. :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
. . . dress up for the big day!

What should Bobm wear on the big day?? New striped overalls? Shorts and flipflops? A suit? Dirty fingernails or gloves?
toga?

digitS'

Latest posts