Garden Tours

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Spring is the time to think about going on garden tours. :weee
In the colder climates the announcements and schedules are now beginning to be circulated. Our area normally has one every weekend in May and June. Some sell only advance tickets and others sell the day of the event. My tickets have ranged from $6 to $15.

If you have never gone on one of these, you should consider it!
Usually put on by a garden club for the public, it is a tour of private homes', public homes', and library reading gardens and sometimes the home itself. If the home is included they are referred to as Home and Garden tours.
I've been to many and it is always exciting with large turnouts. There can be 6-20 gardens on each tour.

Those that I've attended give a map and directions to each garden. Some are walking tours and others are driving. There is a host at each garden where you check in and you are given details and refreshments.

The gardens are astonishing in detail, diversity and creativity!
I have gotten so many new ideas, solutions to problem areas and have seen massing of newly released plants.
I've seen the tiniest lot turned into an affordable wonderland. You leave with a feeling of "I could do that!".

I don't let the weed free manicured gardens fool me; I'm certain that the entire garden club shows up prior to the tour to straighten up, lol.

I like to wear something floral or fresh to these and then got to a tearoom after. I've been to a few of the higher priced ($15) tours that include a buffet tea in the price that was quite filling. There were also gift bag totes.

Ah, spring fever! :rose :rose :rose :rose

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Sylvie,
Have you ever been to "KINGSWOOD' Gardens ,it's near Mansfield,Ohio.I just got a brochure . It looks beautiful...If anyone has been there,let me know....Thanks P.S. any garden tours for that matter....Thank you,Sunbury Chick:):watering :weight :rose

Latest posts