gardening magazines...seed catalogs

mrsengeseth

Leafing Out
Reaction score
anyone get any that they reccommend. I get a few, but am always on the look out for another. I love getting magazines and learning new ideas, reading new stuff...seeing how other people do things etc.

I get:
Hobby Farms
Mother Earth News
Grit
Backyard poultry
Urban Farms (or will the minute they open it up for subscriptions!)

Ummm I think that's it...wait, no I get Birds and Blooms too

I like them all, but am looking to find out if there are more along these lines I should look into subscribing too. I just put in a sub for Mary Janes Farm too.

Any suggestions?

Also I just got My Johnny's seeds catalog in, any seed catalogs I should be ordering as well, I expect to rereceive a Park's, and a Wayside Gardens as well. And Gurnsey's(SP???)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow,

I sure wish I were your neighbor. I haven't seen a Mother Earth News in years. I was a subscriber back in the 80's LOL :p As well as Organic Gardening booklet (they were booklets at first LOL, then slowly became a magazine).

in the early 2000 ( do you say Ohh's) in the early Ohhh's I subscribed to a magazine called Gardening How-To, its accompanying site is a site similar to this one. I am not sure putting up a web address to them is appropriate but the name is The National Home Gardening Club. I was subscribed until 2005, I sure do miss them.

For me now I am an avid internet researcher. I do more reading and researching on the subjects that grab me. One thing I did notice before I left the magazine world is that there sure are a ton of advertising and non-relatable material, not that there isn't valuable stuff, but for the price and research the internet is unlimited in the information you can gather.

I do miss all the pretty pictures though, and yet I can see flower pictures every day and a different set each day. Amazing how addictive gardening is.

I would be the kind of person that if i were given a stack of old garden magazines wrapped in gift paper I would be ecstatic. LOL, isn't that silly. Hint hint ! LOL

Ron

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
For the Gardening Magazines i get Living the Country Life, i absolutely love it !!!!!!!! :D You will love this magazine!! Some seed catalogs i get are Park Seed, Jung, Gurney's, Pinetree Seeds, Bountiful Gardens plus many more.

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love my Mother Earth News mag too. It has such a lot of interesting articles and pictures.
I read it cover to cover as soon as I get it.

Luna

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I get Garden Gate and that's it, but I'll be reading everyone else's replies to see what else to get.

I am interested in getting Backyard poultry... I've never heard of it before.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got like 9 seed catalogs and mother earth news... I so wish Mother Earth was monthly and not bi-monthly!!! :cool:

mrsengeseth

Leafing Out
Reaction score
oooooh, countrysidemag has a link to the backyard poultry mag i get too. I need to look into that one. It looks like somehting I'd be interested in!

Thanks everyone1!!

Latest posts