Gardening with children

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The pic of the sweet little boy with his own wheelbarrow is just precious!!! :love

I hope to garden with my first grandchild this year and have already bought her little garden boots...purple, flowered and light up when she walks! (wish I had a pair just like 'em) She is just now taking her first steps but I bought them a little big so they will still fit when she's tramping around good enough to walk in the garden and chicken coop with me.

Hope to start her out early appreciating healthy, organically grown foods that one can pick and eat right out of the garden. Will have plenty of flowers, butterflies and honeybees to look at there as well.

She can already say, "BAWK!" at the chickens. :love She and I are going to have some FUN. :D

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I oldest has ridden. The 4 year old asked to ride, got all ready, and changed his mind. He said he would wait until he is 5 or 6 or 7. The 2 year old is starting to ask to ride. I will wait until the pasture dries out more. Oh, and ask his Mom. It's harder when they are someone else's kids.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
What great memories your giving them horse back riding at grandmoms. i took my Godson when he was 4 for a pony ride, he was all excited and couldn't wait. When he saw the pony, he also backed out, I guess there scary to 4 year olds.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a lot of nieces and nephews visit and ride here. I am still their favorite auntie. hahaha. My twin great nieces came up every summer for a long time. No mother in the picture. We love each other so much.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was our #2 granddaughter's 5th birthday, so, our son rented a pony ( half Arab x pony gelding with a great personality that loved kids ) for all kids that attended could get a pony ride. I brought 5 horse brushes so that all could brush the pony before the ride. Her big brother ( age almost 7 ) was the only boy among 13 girls ages 4 -- 9 that where there. The girls were all trying to sit next to him when everyone was starting to sit down to eat cake then to open presents, then when they went outside to ride they were jostling to be next to him when it wasn't their turn to ride the pony. :idunno Tall, handsome , smart, great outgoing personality equates to coming t r o u b l e ! :th

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, there were 3 girls that were younger than him ( he will be 7 in Dec), all of the rest were older wimin. On his mother's side of the family, he is the only boy among 4 girl cousins and one sister, so he is used to girls and treats them with respect and reacts or not depending on what is going on at the time. He is all boy ! ;)

Latest posts