Gardening with Poultry

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, Rob, I think this might draw a few more posters over from BYC. See this thread. I think a Gardening with Poultry, with a mind towards manure/composting and dealing with chooks in the garden might be a good subforum for TEG.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been thinking over this and there are pros cons. The good is it may help more BYC members participate here. The bad is that it goes away from our goal to make this forum a relatively independent entity (otherwise we'd just have all the BYC members / users sync with over here).

I'm not shooting it down, just wanting to put some thought into it. If you guys have any more ideas / suggestions on this feel free to post.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been wanting to put together a post about what to plant (or NOT to plant) when you have ducks in your yard.

Just tell me where to put the darn thing!

ranchhand

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
If I was worried about plants poisoning my chickens, I'd ask on BYC. If I was wondering about the chickens leveling my garden, I'd post here under Diseases and Pests.

I can the see the difficulties with the crossover issues, and the reluctance of some folks to attend two forums.

Either way, the answer is the same- chickens and gardens don't mix well!

Latest posts