Gardening with small children

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
We just had a wonderful experience with our 2 year old today. We needed to mulch 7 trees we put in yesterday. I gave her a coffee can and filled it with mulch and she dumped it around our apple/apricot/ and maple tree in perfect little mounds. I showed her how to form it like a donut and not let it set up against the trunk and she did it!!! She was so pleased with herself she gave me five and said "Good job Zoe!"

I love this age!!!!!!!!!
To cute! :happy_flower

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Last wek I have my 1 1/2 year old nephew over and we were playing in the dirt and having a blast while I planted seeds in another bed. The next day him and his mom came over and he pick up a handfull of dirt and she said "put that down that is dirty". I then said "it is okay Cason, Aunt Angie doesn't mind if you get dirty you can come over anytime to play in the dirt"

I don't think I was wrong but I feel sorry for him now.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Moms just say that Agirly! I say it on occasion. Its truly only because we don't want to have to clean them up... not so much that it's dirty! :lol:

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I truly do not mind my children getting dirty, but there are times when we are going other places that they need to stay clean & maybe that was all your nephews mom was doing. So don't take it personal. At least he knows you are a fun aunt & itsn't that what is important?

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My DS has a thing going on at his school right now that is being sponsered by Bonnie plants. They gave each one of them a cabbage plant to grow and they are suppose to log the process and then weigh it at harvest for a best journal - biggest cabbage contest. You can look at Bonnie's site to see info I think.

Latest posts