Garlic Mustard blooming in southeastern PA

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I'll have yours. Sauteed in olive oil with a little red pepper flakes, baked into quiche with roasted red peppers and mushrooms, chopped and mixed into risotto, wrapped around fresh fish filet in a foil packet and roasted in a campfire.

My botany prof's philosophy was that if you spread enough rumors that it was an important herbal supplement, it would get collected to death just like native goldenseal. Hey, you never know--I bet garlic mustard kills cancer cells in a Petri dish! Of course, darn near everything can kill cancer cells in a Petri dish, including looking at them cross-eyed...but that's besides the point. I bet garlic mustard has mystical powers that make you...ummmm...thinner, smarter, and closer to deities.

It could. It can't possibly have many calories, so you would have to eat a lot of it before you got fat, and by that point, starvation would seem like a reasonable option. I bet it's got B vitamins, which are important for not becoming mentally ill from pellagra. And when you think of all those godly prophets running about thin as rails, roaming the deserts without a bath, eating anything that didn't actually run away, I bet eating weeds for a while would make you come around to their point of view.

ksacres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
Well, I'll have yours. Sauteed in olive oil with a little red pepper flakes, baked into quiche with roasted red peppers and mushrooms, chopped and mixed into risotto, wrapped around fresh fish filet in a foil packet and roasted in a campfire.

My botany prof's philosophy was that if you spread enough rumors that it was an important herbal supplement, it would get collected to death just like native goldenseal. Hey, you never know--I bet garlic mustard kills cancer cells in a Petri dish! Of course, darn near everything can kill cancer cells in a Petri dish, including looking at them cross-eyed...but that's besides the point. I bet garlic mustard has mystical powers that make you...ummmm...thinner, smarter, and closer to deities.

It could. It can't possibly have many calories, so you would have to eat a lot of it before you got fat, and by that point, starvation would seem like a reasonable option. I bet it's got B vitamins, which are important for not becoming mentally ill from pellagra. And when you think of all those godly prophets running about thin as rails, roaming the deserts without a bath, eating anything that didn't actually run away, I bet eating weeds for a while would make you come around to their point of view.
:lol:

Latest posts