Garlic plants

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Anyone have any they can part with. I need to plant NOW and can't find a supplier that will ship before March 8th. I know its normally planted in the fall but its not to late for me to plant here if I can do it now. I will be happy to pay for your trouble.
This is what I get for poor planning.

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Athena, If and when I find some I will let you know and send you some when you get home.

I will leave no stone unturned until I find some. LOL

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Catalina, I thought about that and it looks like I will have to resort to that - the problem is most grocery store garlic comes from some other country. Well what I have looked at so far does.
I am going tomorrow and hit all the grocery stores. Maybe I can find some organic somewhere from some on in this country. LOL

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I found some this morning at a local garden store. It had just arrived. The only problem nobody knew what kind it was but beggers can't be choosy so I bought it and it is in the ground.

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
2dream said:
Thanks everyone. I found some this morning at a local garden store. It had just arrived. The only problem nobody knew what kind it was but beggers can't be choosy so I bought it and it is in the ground.
Awesome 2dream.....

I have a few markets I will hit when I come home... The Fresh Market just opened a store about 10 miles from my house, and if I recall, they have organic, and a fairly good selection of produce.. I will try this as well. Its exciting thinking of getting garlic, right out of the garden, isn't it??

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
2dream said:
Athena, If and when I find some I will let you know and send you some when you get home.

I will leave no stone unturned until I find some. LOL
Thank You so much for the offer.. that is very kind...

But let me try the Fresh Market, and use those bulbs.. I have also seen some advertised on Amazon/Ebay, but my gosh, are they expensive..

I have never bought...well, bid off of EBay... I'm not too comfortable.. altho, I buy tons of books off Amazon.

If you decide to grow anything else, let me know.... We can trade or something.. I have some leftover heirloom tomato seeds I might be able to send once I get home...
(and see what condition they are in)

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am really happy to have it in the ground. Now, keeping my fingers crossed that it will come up. Guess I will know then. I don't know if this is hardneck or softneck but at least its garlic in the ground.

Hope your tomato seeds are good. When will you be home?

Latest posts