Gaslighting

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is who i was and not who I am today...

I was totally unaware of gaslighting. Thankfully I started too open my mind about many situations by acknowledging who was the manipulator and who was hooked and helpless.
This realisation completely change my thoughts on people. It was truly a life changing experience to suddenly see that the people i looked up to were not all they seemed.

A few days ago a friend was telling me about a family member that had walked right into the sticky web of control, not once but twice. It almost broke this girl completely and she still bears these scares today. This above post I'm hoping she will read one day, if her mind is strong enough and she can concentrate.

Who knows maybe someone will find this here, who like me knew nothing about this sickening mental illness that makes using and abusing people mentally physically or even both, a perfectly normal way to live.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This gaslighting has moved into the work place even in groups of false friendships.

It's a sad state of affairs that no one seems to talk about, it's obviously been going on for ever.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This gaslighting has moved into the work place even in groups of false friendships.

It's a sad state of affairs that no one seems to talk about, it's obviously been going on for ever.
It happened to me several times in Highschool. Hilariously one person claimed that they wouldn’t speak to me unless I apologized for the manufactured issue. That was fine by me.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It happened to me several times in Highschool. Hilariously one person claimed that they wouldn’t speak to me unless I apologized for the manufactured issue. That was fine by me.
I swear these people live in a fantasy world of their very own. How I wish they would stay there away from the rest of us.

I was threatened the other day, it turned out the woman I was talking to while using her gate to keep two dog's wanting to play with my old boy on a narrow road, was the very woman that scammed this guy through a small incident he had with her over his dog's and her small dog, she took money from him. He put 2 plus two together and came up with 200. This woman proceeded to go to another lady and told her I caused confrontation with this man. This same woman tried to scam me out of an order I made with her daughter for my family member. Stealing and causing trouble is her life. I will be crossing the road away from her from now on.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it was not gaslighting for me, but i have a very poor sense of not knowing when others are drunk. :( one time the guy actually came after me but he wasn't able to break down my apartment door and later that day the police arrested him after he spit on them. what a strange time that was for me. i moved away from there shortly after. i'd finally had my fill of the area and also being far away from the family and having to drive back and forth to visit.

we don't interact much with the neighbors here, mostly on good terms with everyone, but Mom dislikes dogs so she won't consider them as friends if they have a dog in the yard.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Timeless, I suppose. What I remember of the movie was disturbing to the viewer, me! The setting was during the time when indoor lighting was not by electricity. Gas was used in some buildings. The husband used the lighting to confuse and manipulate his wife.

We all have our persona, which we must accept as genuine. We expect children to be easy to manipulate because they are just learning about the real world. Commitment to a perspective may be just as "innocently childlike" for adults.

Snow. Timely? There is this idea that the culture of the polar people has all these definitions of snow. That . is . knowledge ;). Then, there is "snow," cocaine - whoa, mind-altering!

He was trying to "snow" me. Deception. I didn't know what to believe or disbelieve! Exhausted, I bought into the idea ...

Oops. It would in all probability have been best if we have the knowledge of the Aleut and could recognize common reality through the lens of knowledge gained. No, I don't mean through the experience of hard knocks. Please, we can do better for ourselves than that.

Steve

Latest posts