George Carlin on Saving the Planet

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
WARNING!!! The attached video contains language some may find objectionable.

I was going to post this on BYC, but decided it would probably be "banned in Boston". ;) The crowd over here is a bit more "earthy". :)

While I normally object to any comedian who thinks that foul language is funny, George does make effective use of four letter words in this bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOBm2J4tn0

I agree with him, the immense ego that is necessary to insist that we can have a long term effect on the planet is laughable. We may make it uninhabitable for our species, but in the long view it's not very likely that we can destroy the world.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
George (May 12, 1937 June 22, 2008) has always been a favorite of mine. I guess because I grew up with his humor.
He sure could put a different spin on things!!!

THANX RICH

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
dh and i saw him a year before he passed away and his comedy grew older and a little more of an old sarcastic man than what i would have expected of him. but he was till as entertaining as ever! he had a way of spinning around words and phrases and showing that there really should be more thought put into them before you use them as a 'rally cry' for a cause! :lol:

Latest posts