Gerbils, anyone?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
So the gerbil forum is small and slow, decided to share with you guys instead, since this place is active and everyone seems to love seeing pictures of new critters!

Picked up three brothers, 2mo old. They seem to be a REW, lilac and a blue. At least, in rabbit colors, that's what they would be.

I'm calling them the Three Stooges, Curly, Larry and Moe.

Pictures aren't that great, the little boogers don't stay still.

2401.jpg
2402.jpg
2403.jpg
2404.jpg
2406.jpg
2410.jpg
2413.jpg
g.jpg
gg.jpg
gerbs.jpeg

:D

Gerbies, pretty darn cute.

Anyone else have gerbils?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kid#2 had them for years. They are cute, and really great chewers!
I still hesitate before throwing a tp tube away. That was one of their favorites

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was looking info up, most places said 2 females, that's it. Or 2-3 males, no more. Females are more territorial, so you can usually get away with 3 males instead of 3 females.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kid#2 had a female first, and after a few months decided she was probably lonely and bought another female for a buddy. He was dismayed at first because they seemed to be doing so much "fighting".

After 30 days (or whatever their instant gestation is) we realized that the second female was an imposter and had to get a second cage.
And so began the gerbil ranch. :rolleyes:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kid#2 had them for years. They are cute, and really great chewers!
I still hesitate before throwing a tp tube away. That was one of their favorites
I can't throw a TP tube away. I use them -- and dryer lint -- to make great little fire starters. I've gone through a lot of them these past three weeks for sure.

Latest posts