"German Queen" tomatoe

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I couldn't refuse this tomatoe that was $2 at Home Depot. Even though I told myself that I was only going to plant 7 tomatoes this year because they were a little crowded last year with 8.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of it? How well does it produce? How is the taste, even though that is a little subjective?

Mary

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have grown German Queen tomatoes and they don't seem to stand out in my mind as being good or bad. This was when I was really into trying all the kinds of heirloom tomatoes and I made the mistake of having too many different kinds of plants growing at the same time. They all tend to run together in my memory.

I find that most of the German heritage tomatoes are very much alike and all are very good. Well, except for Black Krim - I don't care for them at all.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. I really shouldn't be growing beefsteaks because of our cool weather but I just couldn't resist it for $2. I guess I'll just have to be patient and see how it does.

Mary

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Couple of my favorite heirloom varieties were impulse purchases. If its good congrats if not your out 2 dollars. Better than a bad lotto ticket if you ask me.