Getting "re-aquainted".

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice cabin! I would love to live in one! We honeymooned in Pigeon Forge and stayed in a cute little cabin. Many hours were spent on the porch swing in the cool of the evening listening to DH play his guitar. Sure hope to get back there someday soon. So important for couples to take time aside to reconnect. Sounds like you and Monty really earned your downtime after a busy summer. I'm so glad you're feeling better too. Let us know what the surgeon says.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somehow a heart-shaped hot tub is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Amish country, but hey, maybe they are broadening their horizons.
Glad you had a fun time, and good to hear from you again.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do believe couples need time for each other when the kids are old enough to be left alone. Some couples do not realize that valuable time has passed between them taking care of the kids and car pools work and daily life. Those cabins were just outside of amish country. A place called Donna's Premiere lodging. I loved it, they had free snacks and drinks at the office. And we had breakfast brought to our cabin Saturday and Sunday morning so we didn't have to find a place to eat....except for lunch and dinner. The only thing we didnt care for was the cabins werent secluded like they said, they were in close proximity of the other cabins. But they are beautiful cabins.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I believe couples need time for each other even when the children are small. That's why I've taken my grands every Friday night since they came home from the hospital. Even took Connor, who had health problems that required I learn, among other things, to give injections, so son and his wife could look forward to at least some alone time.

For my daughter who lived farther away, I took her three babies from late Friday to late Sunday every other weekend so they could schedule something to do together.

I was much luckier than many grandparents in that my grands are close enough for sleep-overs to work.

Dew, I'm guessing that secluded cabins implied they were not easily seen from the nearest roadway. The only time I've stayed in cabins they were well off the road, but one could see from one kitchen to another through the window. Since they all needed to be near the lake and all needed a septic-system connection clustered together was the way it worked.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We'll usually split our girls between the 2 grandmas, since they seem to have a better visit that way and grandma enjoys one on one time as well. Both grandmas live nearby, his mom is 15 minutes down the road, and mine is 30 minutes in town. DH's mom took them both once overnight and that worked out ok. They were good for her. But when my sister took them both one night, in combination with her two, no one slept until the wee hours of the morning! I'm just as happy to have an occasional night at home alone, just DH and I. Last year we stayed 2 nights in a lodge in the mountains (Hawk's Nest state park...Dew would know where that is...) for our anniversary. It was the best trip, so many good memories. It's good to have some peace and quiet to talk. The only thing I've had trouble adapting to as a mother, particularly of 2 girls, is the constant chatter! I have to have some time to hear my own thoughts!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my sister and I where in high School my parents decide it was their time. Every weekend they would leave Fri night and not come back till Sun night. This was before cell phones so we had no way of getting in touch with them. My grandparents did have their own apartment in the house, so adult eyes where watchig.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to see you back Dew. You are right, couples need time to enjoy each other once in awhile. Your youngest is close to leaving the nest and you and Monty will be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want. It's kinda nice.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@baymule Your right the youngest just turned 16 three months ago. She's a pretty good kid too. It's time for Monty and I to be able to go places and do things together.

Latest posts