Getting started on a Greenhouse kinda thing with pics

chiknhut

Sprout
Reaction score
We are building a house and this frame is what the front door came in. My DH was going to break it up and throw it away. I DONT THINK SO. LOL.
This is just the start. I want to add more shelves just above the top row so I can put in more flats. He has cows as his hobby. So I get to go get some rich black soil off the lot were he puts the hay out for them. Can't wait.

6296_pictures_of_eggs_2-9-10_005.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome!! That looks like it is going to work out great! What zone are you in? Good luck with your seedlings. Tell us your garden plans...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome

Cool! :thumbsup

I've had lettuce under a 6mil clear plastic row cover since November, so I am sure that will definitely heat things up a little for you and your seedlings will love it. :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:WELCOME

What an awesome way to recycle AND enjoy your hobby. :D

chiknhut

Sprout
Reaction score
Many thanks to all. I am in zone 7A. I would like to have lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, corn, potatoes, squash, onions, cucumbers, peas, okra, and green beans. Last year I had carrots,potatoes, purple hull peas, okra, squash, and corn. The year before it was watermelons, cucumbers, and okra. I am going to try to do them in raised beds.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
chiknhut said:
We are building a house and this frame is what the front door came in. My DH was going to break it up and throw it away. I DONT THINK SO. LOL.
This is just the start. I want to add more shelves just above the top row so I can put in more flats. He has cows as his hobby. So I get to go get some rich black soil off the lot were he puts the hay out for them. Can't wait.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6296_pictures_of_eggs_2-9-10_005.jpg
I REALLY like this....simple, inexpensive, totally functional. Gonna have to build me one, to use till I gather up enough used windows to build a greenhouse.

Latest posts