Getting to Be HARVEST Time for Strawberries!!

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love strawberries! Nothing better than going to the patch, sitting down and picking, and eating them right there.

8537_2012-04-14_11-26-07_602.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yummy! They look perfect! I just found my first strawberry flower, so I need to patient!! I have mine growing in a row in the garden... yesterday, I was weeding my woodland garden, which is at least 5 feet away from that row... There are strawberries in there! I love nature! Enjoy!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yum! I've found a few small ones that were delicious. I don't think I'll have a big harvest, I had to move all the ever-bearers that had made such a mess of runners and bermuda grass, and the June-bearers are new this year. -Wendy

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those are some nice strawberries retiredwith4acres! :drool
They look tasty I love to eat them fresh like that from the plant. I would just keeping picking and eating them until my belly is full :gig . I really prefer just eating them this way. A lot of people seem to want to add sugar to them or mix something else with them. I don't add anything to them, I just eat them just the way they are, Nothing beats that great taste just the way it was intended.
Like a lot of things in Nature its best to just enjoy it as is, instead of messing with it with adding something to it.
My strawberries flowers are starting to fade and turn into fruit. Can't wait for a crop! :fl

Enjoy your strawberries!! :thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I really have a LOT of green berries... Only found a couple of ripe ones here and there. Really makes you crave a handful and one little berry is a tease! hahaha

But yeah, in a week or so I'll be swamped with 'em. :lol:

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have tons of flowers on our, and some with the very beginnings of berries, but a harvest is still a bit in the offing around here. Strawberries are another thing that once I had them fresh, I don't ever bother with them in the grocery store. That's why people have to put all sorts of sugar on them - because the grocery store ones are giant strawberry-shaped rocks!

Latest posts